Don’t really know what to say at this point..
This has been one of my biggest learning experiences in painting for the past year. I decided early on to really abandon my usual manners and try a really rich textured, even quite messy, style. The process was both rewarding and challenging. I didn’t really have a plan, more like a list of ideas. An uphill battle if there ever was one.
The main learning points; reduce, reduce, reduce, and try things out on the palette before applying paint on the mini!
There’s a smooth silver lining though.. In the aftermath of this crazy expedition I’ve mapped a gameplan for painting the Exanimus warband. This experiment served as a stepping stone towards a new direction. Something more coherent and decisive.